For 58 years, the Black Hills & Badlands Tourism Association has distributed cards to paid BH&B members which can be used by tourism industry employees to visit local tourism businesses for free or at a reduced price. They are a special invitation to front-line employees to take an enjoyable and educational "Great American Road Trip" to learn about everything the Badlands and Black Hills have to offer!
This program has grown to nearly 11,000 participants annually. Please understand that the purpose of the program is training. They are a way to acquaint travel industry employees with our many tourism businesses, as well as the various towns and roads in our region. The better employees know our area, the better equipped they are to help our visitors. This program provides serious hospitality training, combined with some serious fun!
By distributing the cards, you are participating in the Visitor Industry Partner Training Program and we ask for your help and cooperation by observing the following guidelines:
1. Employers should be careful to issue identification cards to qualified partners only. Qualified partners consist of your own enterprise's tourism industry employees, managers, owners and seasonal volunteers.
2. Employers should not issue cards to friends, neighbors, customers, visiting family members, non-working youngsters or business associates.
3. Please give a briefing to your employees about the cards, particularly the concise instructions attached to each card.
4. Both employer and employee should sign the card. This is part of their personal identification.
5. Please post the benefits mini-poster (center-spread of this document) on your company bulletin board. Your employees can also find a list of benefits with the same downloadable benefits poster below.
6. If you dismiss an employee, please recover the employee's VIP Training Card.
Thank you for your cooperation!