National Presidential Wax Museum
Where History Hails the Chief
Located in the shadow of Mount Rushmore in the historic town of Keystone, the National Presidential Wax Museum is an impressive highlight on any traveler's itinerary. We invite you to witness the history of American Democracy from its inception.
The entire family will enjoy America's heritage in wax! This unique museum features incredibly realistic life-sized wax figures of every President of the United States. So real that you will whisper in their presence. Take a vicarious trip into the past. Experience the feeling of being with President Roosevelt at Yalta, Dolly Madison at a White House reception, or President Richard Nixon aboard the U.S.S. Hornet as he welcomes the returning astronauts home from their moon flight.
Meet face to face our most beloved heroes and share in their historic glories. See life-like, life-size figures of all U.S. Presidents in authentic period costumes and accurately detailed surroundings.
Open 7 days per week April through October, 9AM to 5PM
Memorial Day through Labor Day, 9AM to 8PM
The National Presidential Wax Museum also features:
• State of the art narration system.
• Historical Artifacts including President Bill Clinton’s red, white, and blue saxophone and the Florida’s 2000 Presidential election’s controversial ballot boxes.
• Special group rates with complimentary welcome receptions available upon request.
• A spacious gift shop located in the museum with a special selection of South Dakota Black Hills Gold, collector's items, fine porcelains and pewter, sculptures, presidential china and other museum quality souvenirs.
• The Executive Order Grill located next door to the museum offering breakfast, lunch and dinner. Be sure and print the on-line coupon for a 99-cent all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast.
• The Holy Terror Mini-Golf course, a challenging 18-hole course located adjacent to the museum.
Located on Keystone’s Main Street, US 16A South, the National Presidential Wax Museum is located two miles from Mt. Rushmore National Memorial, six miles from the world-renowned Beautiful Rushmore Cave, ten miles from Crazy Horse Memorial, and fifty miles from historic Deadwood, South Dakota.